The Quiet House (Wayfarer’s Cottage)
The Quiet House is a contemplative retreat house built in 1978 under the direction of former Laity Lodge director Bill Cody. Located on the H. E. Butt Foundation Camp property, The Quiet House provides an opportunity for silence, stillness, meditation, and prayer for an individual or a married couple.
The one-bedroom house is furnished with a queen-size bed (including bedding and linens) and includes a living room, small loft, bath with tub and shower, kitchen, and breakfast room. The kitchen is equipped with an oven, stove, microwave, refrigerator, coffee pot, utensils, and dishes. Some basic items are provided such as salt, sugar, coffee, tea, and paper goods. Also on site are a gazebo, porch swing, hammock, and barbecue pit with charcoal and lighter fluid.
- Fee is $100 per night, paid in advance prior to arrival. A nonrefundable deposit equal to one night’s stay is required to secure your reservation.
- Reservations may be requested for two to six days, except for some holidays. Sunday arrivals are only available during the summer months of June, July, and August.
- Check-in: 3:00-5:00 p.m. | Check-out: no later than 1:00 p.m.
- Arrive at the Camp Office. A Guest Services Manager will transport you up the mountain to The Quiet House.
- Guests are responsible for providing and preparing their own food.
- Guests are responsible for leaving the house clean.
- There is no phone or cell reception at The Quiet House. In case of emergency, there is a two-way radio that will put you in contact with Guest Services.
Liz Hoyer, 830-258-5628